Date of Trek : 27th August 2011.
Rajgad – King of all forts is at about 40km south west of Pune and is at a height of 4514 ft. Rajgad was home for Shivaji for over 25 years till he became Chhatrapati. The height of Rajgad from sea level is 4250 feet and offers spectacular views of Sahyadri Mountains.
PUNE – Nasrapur Phata -Pali – Gunjawane
Difficulty level is moderate. 3 1/2 hours via Gunjawane. The highest point of Rajgad is Balekilla which is a fort on Rajgad. Take plenty of water and some energy drinks with you as the trek is a bit tiring.
Places to see at Rajgad:
• PADMAVATI MACHEE: This is where you will find the Padmavati Lake, Chor Darwaja, Gunjawane Darwaja, Daru Kothar and a flag hoisting place.
• SANJAVEENI MACHEE: Machees were created so that soldiers could respond to an immediate/sudden attack. You can walk between the walls of this Machee.
• SUVELA MACHEE: Home of the leader Tanaji Malusare was here.
• BALE KILLA: Highest point of rajgad. You will be able to see the entire fort from Bale Killa.
• VIEW OF TORNA AND SINHAGAD
Reference : http://www.oocities.org/trekforts/f_raj.html